Meeting and Convention Planners
The Decatur Area Convention & Visitors Bureau will help coordinate the details of your next meeting or convention – from the initial site selection process to conducting after-convention reviews with you, in anticipation of your next event.
The CVB staff understands that hosting a meeting takes a lot of work and planning. We offer the convenience of being your liaison between the many choices of sites and services available in the Decatur/Forsyth area. From the beginning stages, we will work with you, based on your requirements and budget, in obtaining bids and selecting the venues and services best-suited for your group.
We offer many services to help you make your meeting a successful and memorable event. The Bureau will provide the following complimentary services to groups utilizing a substantial amount of hotel rooms:
We can help with a variety of planning jobs including tour itineraries, companion programs, and golf outings. We can also provide step-on guides for tours of the city. We gladly coordinate welcoming arrangements with local officials and can arrange for local speakers.
Hotel & Accommodations
DACVB can connect you to hotels or venues. We can also help coordinate room blocks from area hotels/motels, including multi-site housing. Need to coordinate shuttle services for multi-site events? We can do that, too!
We will staff your event with friendly, professional registration assistants to help check in your attendees. Just let us know how many guests you expect, and we’ll make sure you have enough help to get the job done!
DACVB can provide printed name badges and badge holders for event attendees. We can also supply your guests with a bag including a Visitor’s Guide and Decatur Area map.
Year-round recreational activities – boating, water skiing, fishing, swimming, golf, jogging, bicycling, skateboarding, hiking, tennis, bowling, sailing, ice skating, and cross country skiing – are available throughout the area. We can provide your group with a detailed listing of activities and events, as well as local shopping and nightlife, for leisure time.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau will be happy to arrange personalized package tours to a variety of local and area historical, cultural and recreational sites. Tour information is available for planners to consider for pre- or post-convention activities. We can coordinate tour transportation as well.
The Decatur Area Convention & Visitors Bureau has years of experience matching the needs of planners to the full spectrum of meeting sites, banquet spaces, catering services and hospitality providers in our area. Whether you’re expecting 15 or 1,500, Decatur/Forsyth offers many options from which to choose.
Decatur Conference Center & Hotel
4191 U.S. 36 West
- The largest conference center hotel between Chicago and St. Louis
- 370 guest rooms, on site restaurants & cocktail lounge
- Over 55,000 square feet of meeting, convention and trade show space, small meeting rooms & a large ballroom
- Executive business center
- Indoor pool, sauna-whirlpool, and an NFL-approved fitness center
- A full sales and catering staff to help with everything for your meeting from water pitchers to 7-course meals.
Decatur Civic Center
1 Gary K. Anderson Plaza
- Theater that can accommodate up to 500
- Two meeting rooms, each can seat up to 50
- 28,000 square-foot arena for sporting events, trade shows and banquets
- Upper lobby, capacity 200, for wedding receptions, banquets, reunions, and parties
Richland Community College
One College Park
Richland Community College’s Center for Business Training and Community Education offers the following:
- Shilling Auditorium seats 350. AV equipment is available at no charge.
- Shilling Salons are available for groups from 5-150. Half or full day rental available.
- Satellite Video Conferencing is also available.
Progress City, USA
One College Park
Progress City, the biennial home of the International Farm Progress Show, can host large-scale outdoor events such as car shows, livestock shows, dog shows, RV and caravan rendezvous and more.
Pride of the Prairie Complex
3700 N. Westlawn Ave.
- One room available with measurements of 60′ x 160′. Will hold 600 people.
View Detailed Listing of Facilities